List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: some questions about translating KDE2
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <th.diehl () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-12-02 22:08:22

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 18:08:51 +0100, Wolfram Diestel wrote:

>1) How the kdelnk files are made from desktop.po? What I have to
>   do to update the installed kdelnk files after revision of desktop.po?

Have you compiled your kde-i18n subdirectories? (Although I have to
admit that I'm also seeing funny things in titlebars that don't
correspond to what's in desktop.po and that quite a few apps (esp. in
KOffice) don't seem to use the standard menu entries from kdelibs,
either.)

>2) Where the menu labels &File, &Go, &Window, &Help, TreeView a.s.o
>   in konquerror come from. I didn't found theire source file
>   (libkonq.po, konqueror.po, kdelibs.po are fully translated)

No idea. If Stephan doesn't jump in, maybe David Faure can tell us.

>3) I could not find out how to configure the KDE2, e.g. fonts, localisation...
>   kcontrol seem's not to write anything

Far as I know, kcontrol is just being ported. On my system, the
language settings have not worked for about a week, but with today's
CVS they did. With most KDE2 problems it's just a matter of waiting a
few days and then try again.

Kind regards,

Thomas