List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translated IDs : yes !!! (if you want, of course).
From:       Eric Bischoff <ebisch () cybercable ! tm ! fr>
Date:       1999-11-22 21:12:38

Le Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Frederik Fouvry a écrit :
> Some minor clarifications:
>
> You can translate the IDs, but *not* the ID of the <anchor> element.

Thanks for the clarification. It seemed clear to me, but it's better to say
things properly. ;-)

> | - So it lets us translate the chapter and section IDs if we want to. I would
> | personnaly advice to continue translating the IDs. Of course, if the encoding
> | of your language (Russian, Japanese, Chinese or Korean) prevents you from doing
> | so, choose to keep the English ID - but this also means that the Russians will
> | get BIG problems with the results of the automated conversion to docbook...
> | :-(. I hope this is not the case, and I'll try to find a solution if it happens.
>
> The problems are not necessarily big: you just need to insert an
> identifier string.  It does not matter if it's the same as the English
> original.

Certainly not big because of the complexity, but perharps big because of the
quantity. I don't know how much <title>s will generate koi-8 IDs for chapters
and sections. Wait and see.

Eric
                                           \^o~_.
     /V\         Toys story         \__  \/  (  V
     Tux                    Konqui         \__=v