Matthias Kiefer wrote: > > Am Son, 21 Nov 1999 schrieb Stephan Kulow: > > Matthias Kiefer wrote: > > > You can run KDE 2.0 programs in a stable KDE environment: just set in console > > > or an xterm KDEDIR to the directory you installed KDE 2.0 in, start > > > $KDEDIR/bin/dcopserver, and finaly start kbabel. > > This is a basic misunderstanding: never set KDEDIR - unless you moved > > your > > toplevel directory. > Well, when you are in a KDE 1.1.x environment KDEDIR is normaly set to the top > directory of KDE 1.1.x. This will lead to problems. So what you have to do, > is at least unset KDEDIR. This is also true for compiling KBabel. Unset KDEDIR > before starting configure, because otherwise it will use $KDEDIR/include as a > compiler flag. > Also in KDE 1.1.x you don't need KDEDIR. You basicly never need KDEDIR, it just makes your life easier as you don't have to pass prefix to configures. > > > > > > > On the other hand I have Qt 2.0.1 and KDE 2.0 in my CVS repository, but I > > > > couldn't manage to compile it. > > > Use a QT 2.1 snapshot as its now needed also by a recent KDE 2.0 snapshot and > > > you shouldn't have any problems compiling it. > > > > > Only some minor from time to time - but make -k helps in such cases. > Are you speaking from KBabel or the KDE Libs? > Didn't try kbabel yet Greetings, Stephan -- As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics, Microsoft have nothing to worry about. By Michael Surkan, PC Week Online