List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: PNG support
From:       Eric Bischoff <ebisch () cybercable ! tm ! fr>
Date:       1999-11-14 12:43:10

Le Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Stefan Doll a écrit :
> I'm a bit puzzled over PNG support, we were supposed to switch
> all the docs to PNG, but I have the impression the latest KDE
> version doesn't support PNG at all?

That's a good description of what all the people that I'm been discussing about
that have been telling me.

> I wrote some documentation recently (instead of just translating)
> and I found that I could view it correctly on my home machine,
> but not at the machine at work. Both machines have the latest
> KDE release. Does PNG work because I installed kdesdk at home?

I don't think this is the reason. But I don't know why PNG *seems to* give
different results on different machines. I have been so fed up with bad PNG
rendering that I now view docs with Netscape :-(.

> Hope this isn't off-topic here.

Not at all ! I'm just surprised that this is the first message about that that
comes to that list.

Eric
                                           \^o~_.
     /V\         Toys story         \__  \/  (  V
     Tux                    Konqui         \__=v