List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Progressive unfreezing of the docs
From:       Eric Bischoff <ebisch () cybercable ! tm ! fr>
Date:       1999-11-04 8:21:00

Hello,

The docs are getting converted to docbook little by little. The process is a
bit slow, because the automated conversion produces documents that are not 100%
conformant to DocBook, and I want to remove these conformance errors
before I commit the new docs. These syntax problems are normal : linuxdoc
is quite different from docbook in the way it nests the tags. So when
something is commited, it is conformant to DocBook and can get translated
smoothly to HTML or to other file formats.

Several people have been asking me if they can update the newly created DocBook
because the features of their applications have changed. The answer is yes. The
new DocBook files do not fully use all the features of DocBook, and their usage
of the tags is somehow clumsy, so a "manual cleanup" of the tags will be
necessary, but it can take place after some modifications to the English (or
translated) text.

Other people have been asking me if they can do the manual cleanup themselves.
Again, the answer is yes, excepted that I would like to clean up the
"<bookinfo>" section myself, because I want the metainformation to be
consistent across all docs.

So far, kdeadmin, kdebase, kdegames, kdegraphics, kdevelop and kmusic have been
converted, at least in English and often in various other languages. These docs
are unfreezed, but the others are still freezed, please do not modify them ! If
you have an urgent need for modifications, write them down on a piece of paper
for further use, or ask me to convert your doc in priority.

Eric

PS. Does someone feel like DocBook-ing the HTML docs for kmusic/cantor ?
                                           \^o~_.
     /V\         Toys story         \__  \/  (  V
     Tux                    Konqui         \__=v