List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Last call for LinuxDoc documentations
From:       Eric Bischoff <ebisch () cybercable ! tm ! fr>
Date:       1999-10-01 14:40:32

Hi all

This is a reminder : don't forget to commit TODAY your last doc translations.

Here are the answers to some questions some of you have asked to me :

- Yes, you must commit the ".nif" files too, not only the ".sgml" and the
.png (screenshots). The ".html" are useless to commit.

- Sorry, the install instructions page refers to the kdesdk package, who has not
been updated for docbook yet. I did not update it because I wanted anyone to
be able to download the linuxdoc tools up to the last minute. Please wait a bit
until that package is updated (normally tomorrow).

- Yes, during the conversion to PNG, some directories got a bad version of the
KDE logo. But only ONE of these logos will be kept, and we will use only a
symbolic link in each directory to the directory the KDE logo is in. This will
save room and be simpler to maintain. So no need to worry about this mistake.

- The DocBook stylesheet are very poorly localized. Only a few languages are
supported. I will need soon someone for each language to translate the usual
phrases "Previous page", "Index", etc to all the languages supported at KDE. We
will send those translated files back to the docbook program maintainers.
National team leaders, please contact me for detailed instructions.

- After the conversion, some manual cleanup will be necessary. I suggest that
each national team leader coordinates this large and tedious work. Detailed
instructions about the cleanup process will follow too.

Eric
                                           \^o~_.
     /V\         Toys story         \__  \/  (  V
     Tux                    Konqui         \__=v