List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: i18n coordination
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <th.diehl () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-07-28 9:05:18

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 16:07:07 +0200, Matthias Elter wrote:

>- I'd like to concentrate on developement and therefore would be happy if
>somebody would like to take over the i18n-coordination job.

Hi everybody,

As many of you already know I have taken over Matthias'
i18n-coordination job for the time being.

First thing I did was sending a mail to the people listed as team
coordinators on i18n.html in order to

*   check if all addresses are still valid (3 of them weren't: Dutch,
Esperanto, and Norwegian -- if anybody can tell me about them, please
do so asap)

*   and to ask everybody to provide me with data on your work: mailing
lists, websites, everything of interest to newcomers (the feedback I
got so far is already integrated in i18n.html -- if you have more, just
send me a private mail)

Next thing will be the long promised update of Stephan Kulow's
howto-i18n.html. In the long, run I would like to make the i18n page a
starting point for about every information that translators and
documenters need for their work. I don't think we should separate these
areas (GUI and docu) as much as we did sometimes in the past. After
all, KDE is about consistency and integration. Users will always expect
GUI and documentation to talk not only in the same language to them but
also in the selfsame words.

So if you would like to see something in i18n.html and the directly
linked pages, just tell me about it.

Kind regards,

Thomas