List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Job # 13
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-07-16 22:31:32

Hello,

Well I had a few minutes to kill so I tried this for all the HEAD packages I
have checked out so far.  Can someone please contact me on how I can submit
this.  How can this be easily commited into CVS ???  I can do all the others
once I know how to submit it.  Also I need more eyes to evaluate the quality of
the converted images.

Just FYI here is how I did it :

REQUIRED

gif2png from ( http://www.cdrom.com/pub/png/pngcode.html ) or similar tool
find
tar and/or gzip
And of course the images to convert

ACTION

1.) change into the desired directory

2.) CONVERT IMAGES
	find . -name "*.gif" -exec gif2png -dhri {} \;
     Note : the options supplied create interlaced png files and automatically
              replace the gif files.

If compressing is required,

3.) Create TAR
	find . -name "*.gif" -exec tar -vrf <DESTINATION> {} \;
     Replace <DESTINATION> with appropriate file informations, ex images.tar

4.) Run it trough gzip/bzip2
	gzip -v <DESTINATION>
	bzip2 -v <DESTINATION>

Regards,