List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: PNG => GIF
From:       Eric Bischoff <ebisch () cybercable ! tm ! fr>
Date:       1999-07-08 21:57:13

Le Tue, 06 Jul 1999, dim a écrit :
> One thing puzzles me.    Many browsers still don't understand PNG.  If
documents like FAQ (that should be visible from the web) will have PNG format A
LOT of people will not be able to see the images in such documents.

I made to myself the same reflexion and found the following answer : docs are
not primarly for KDE web server, they are for installation onto user's hard
disk, this is why we moved the docs out of the web server.

This is note completly true, of course. How does someone browse the
documentation to know how to install KDE, if he/she does not have KDE installed?

Eric