List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: SGMLized docs
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       1999-06-15 8:27:04

dim wrote:

> > Hmm, I sure could try and tell Stephan  to just think of all the
> > millions of people who are going to thank him personally for what he
> > suffers from handling those tons of duplicate files -- but somehow I
> > have my doubts he would be listening to me...;)
>
> Just a small change is necessary. It is a possibility to make
> URL links to kdei18n documentation, or it is  a
> mirror of the texts on the kde web server, which updates every 4 hours or so.
> It will solve all problems, there is no need
> to move anything, all documents are in one place, Stephan needs 0 time to
> maintain the duplicates, everyone is happy, IMHO.
>
> It was like this before and I don't see a reason why it will not work now.
God - all the web designers have to dowload hundreds of megabytes and
they
don't want to. Just think of 35 languages with 40 applications with a
800KB
postscript file and 200Kb screenshots - NO.
If you want the russian translations to be up somewhere, get web space
somewhere
(devel-home.kde.org is free for something like that too for example),
but don't
expect www.kde.org to carry all translations for all languages - it's
just not
worth it.

Greetings, Stephan

--
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.