List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    SGMLized docs
From:       Eric Bischoff <ebisch () cybercable ! tm ! fr>
Date:       1999-06-12 22:35:26

Hi doc translators,

The following docs have been recently SGMLized and could be translated :

kdeadmin/doc/kdat (Thanks to David Rugge)
kdeadmin/doc/kpackage (Thanks to Tobias Burnus)
kdebase/kcontrol/kdmconfig (Thanks to David Rugge)
kdebase/kvt (Thanks to Frederik Fouvry)
kdegraphics/kdvi (Thanks to Frederik Fouvry)
kdemultimedia/kscd (Thanks to myself ;-) )

By the way, we still need some docs to be SGMLized !

To avoid problems of two persons SGMLizing the same doc, please register
yourself in page http://www.kde.org/documentation/work_in_progress.html
(via CVS or by mailing me a message). Unfortunately, this already happened :
two different persons SGMLized kpackage. I am sincerly sorry and I apologize
for this mis-coordination.

The "work in progress" page is now complete. I think we will use in parallel a
page generated by a script from Tobias Burnus. Anyone will be able to use the
one he or she prefers, I will only leave my own page there because I need
a non-automated working document for coordinating documentation translation.

I have also browsed all docs to check if everything was ready for translation.
Almost everything looks ok now, except that :
- the directory tree structure should be improved for kmusic and kdevelop
- there seems to be a confusion between ark and kzip
- I have put a big mess in khelpcenter/kassistant
- the faq, userguide and quickstart will move to the www/documentation
directory, to ease updates.
- some makefiles may still not be okay.
I will try to fix all those problems very soon

Anyway, despite all those little defects, we are quickly moving towards
something both easy to translate and easy to install on the end user's own
computer. Essentially thanks to Stephan Kulow who did the big job of moving
around all the docs, I just fixed up a few details. Thanks again Stephan.

Eric
--
  Hiroshima 45,  Tchernobyl 86,  Windows 98
Eric Bischoff - mailto:ebisch@cybercable.tm.fr