List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    KDE Doc Statistic (was: "Work in progress")
From:       Tobias Burnus <burnus () gmx ! de>
Date:       1999-05-31 20:24:18

Hi all,

I created a KDE Doc Statistic similar to
http//www.kde.org/documentation/work_in_progress.html,
but this one compares the English files with e.g. the Frensh translation.

It is a perl script, which can be rather easily adapted to other languages (as I
hope).

You will find the commented German example (as of today)
http://uuhome.de/tobias.burnus/kde/doku.html

I also tried to show an adaption to French (using English terms, my French isn't
the best ;-)
   http://uuhome.de/tobias.burnus/kde/doc-fr.html (as of today)
but you can adapt it to your language as well. -- Running it on your computer,
or if you want I can run it on my computer and will update it approx. once a day
(sorry I don't have a dedicated line).
We might also consider to put it on a KDE server, so it can be run
automatically.
(I hope I'll have converted one remaining SH script to PERL tomorrow, so l10n it
is then better possible for the 'up-to-date' column.)

In the first column you see the name of the English file -- in red when the
script only found a html file -- in the next column is an 'exists', when a file
exists in the according fr,it,de,il,cz,.. Directory. (Clicking on a file name
brings you to the CVS-Web-Server)

In the third column you will see a good guess, whether the file is up to date;
this is done on a file date basis. Those file dates (and the uninteresting (?)
CVS rev. number) are shown in the two adjacent columns.

The last two columns give the result of "grep '<date>' file.sgml" so you can
see, which Version number was given to the file.

(Using the Link to Web-CVS you can easily optain a diff)

Looking for feedback,
   with warm regards,

Tobias

PS: The script is available at http://uuhome.de/tobias.burnus/kde/