List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: "Work in progress" page ; Help needed
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <th.diehl () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-05-31 6:23:24

On Sun, 30 May 1999 23:01:54 +0200, Eric Bischoff wrote:

>The "work in progress" page is half completed. You can see it at :
>http//www.kde.org/documentation/work_in_progress.html.

I presume you also noticed the progress Tobias' stats page has been
making (now http://uuhome.de/tobias.burnus/kde/doku.html). Hope you
both keep in touch on this in order to avoid duplicate work.

>Please note that all "!!!!" lines refer to files that need to be SGMLized.
>So far, no one has offered to help and SGMLize them. Once again, we need help.

I wouldn't mind if it was only about a few docs. But last time I
checked Tobias' page it was so many of these HTML only docs that I
started wondering if we shouldn't mail the original authors first to
repair what they messed up themselves in the first place. I mean --
it's been clear for a pretty long time now that we need SGML here, not
HTML and some of these docs are apparently not that easy to convert,
either. Are you sure that it really is the business of translators to
repair everything what developers or other original authors messed up
in this respect?

Just thinking aloud, ;)

Thomas