List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: New language
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       1999-05-22 12:45:15

Lorint Hendschel wrote:

> Hello, all.
>
> About two months ago, I informed this list that we had a translation
> project in an additional (lesser known) language for KDE apps (Walloon).
>
> Now the project is fairly advanced (52 k*.pot files translated and
> tested - no documentation now, unfortunately).
>
> We have a discussion list to coordinate the efforts (please write for
> more info) and two web pages about the projet
> (http://users.skynet.be/bs302306/linux and
> http://www.ping.be/~pin19314/walon/)
>
> The question is: and now?
>
> 1. To whom (Juraj?) do I have to send the bunch of files?
Well, you can send it me or to Juraj - Matthias seems unavailable these
days.

> 2. Is it enough to send a tarball with the po files, or do you need
> anything else? (a flag? which format? which size?) (*.kdelnk files?)
A tarball is fine. A flag is only needed later, but you can send it
right to whoever you send the tarball. GIF is the current format, but
it will be PNG quite soon, but anything I can open somehow is OK :)
Don't send kdelnk files, kdelnk files are created out of
kde-i18n/messages/$lang/desktop.po and are named .desktop files now.
But if you have a translation of kdelnk.pot, that should be fine as
well.

Greetings, Stephan

--
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.