Interesting. Where does that idea with changing the translation for "font" came from? Care to explain? Cheers, =C5=81ukasz On Wed, 3 Apr 2024 16:27:27 +0200 "Josep M. Ferrer" wrote: > El 27/3/24 a les 11:20, Carl Schwan ha escrit: > > On Friday, March 22, 2024 11:46:23=E2=80=AFPM CET Josep M. Ferrer wrote: > > > > Thanks for the really helpful information =20 > >> Sorry, I don't know Rust nor VueJs, so I can't help with > >> programming tasks. But I can give you some feedback: > >> > >> - In this stage, this tool only works with summit environment, but > >> I estimate that only 50% or less of KDE translation teams work with > >> summit. It can be possible to use the usual branches > >> (stable/trunk) for non-summit teams? =20 > > I could add support for non-summit workflow, through this will add > > some complexity both in term of code as well as in the UX. But is > > there a reason why some teams don't use the summit workflow? Having > > only one version of a file to manage sounds easier. =20 >=20 > At first glance, summit seems a good idea. But, it adds a complexity=20 > level on the translation workflow. If translators use Lokalize, it > can handle two branches without effort, like summit does. This is > useful for making changes between branches: for example, we (Catalan > team) has adopted a new translation for "font" but only in Plasma 6, > using the legacy translation in Plasma 5. Of course this can be done > in summit, but is more complex. >=20 > At the end, the question is where we want the complexity level: on > the translation workflow (summit) or on the translation tool? >=20 > Thanks! >=20 > Josep M. Ferrer >=20 > [...]