Hi, and thank you for your patience and for going deeper into this with me.
This is what I'm experiencing (Hypothetically because I can't remember where it was precisely):
Several months ago, I downloaded a package with 3 POT files. Several months later, a fourth file appeared (usually the _json one).
My local repo appears complete, and there's no way for me to know that there's a new POT file just by syncing my copy. I either need to look at the web UI or make a comparison with the templates.

I can indeed write a script to solve that but given the time I can spend, I'd instead look at the web UI and solve this manually.
Localization platforms inform you when a new module/file is added, so you don't need to check manually in addition to all the other operations that don't require any manual involvement.

Kind regards,
Yaron Shahrabani
<DevOps - Hebrew translator>