List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Posieve does not catch error in <link> linked=... </link>
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2023-12-19 19:06:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

[Attachment #4 (text/plain)]

 > [: Freek de Kruijf :]
 > I always run "posieve -check-tp-kde <some_po_file>",but it did not
 > catch an error in the false construction
 > <link> linkend="...">...</link>.

The problem is that <link> tag was correctly closed with </link>
afterwards, so the part linkend="..."> became ordinary text. I.e. it is
not a syntactical error, but a semantical one (not what the writer
wanted). This would require some heuristics to catch, which would run
high danger of false positives (and zero-false positives is a hard
requirement on check-* sieves).

However you say that generating the docbook does result in error, which
contradicts what I said about syntactical correctness. What kind of
error is actually reported there?

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)

["OpenPGP_signature.asc" (application/pgp-signature)]