List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translation of video subtitles of promo team
From:       Johnny Jazeix <jazeix () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-08-03 6:47:07

Hi,

Le mer. 2 ao=C3=BBt 2023 =C3=A0 19:15, Shinjo Park <kde@peremen.name> a =C3=
=A9crit :

> Hi,
>
> I actually want to keep the .srt files as-is, because video translation h=
as
> some different problems.
>
> * Additional subtitles could be inserted to provide more context where th=
ere
> is no subtitle in the original language.
> * Depending on the target language, the word order could be completely
> different from the original language, and a sentence could be split diffe=
rently
> to optimize the reading experience. This case is hard to cover by just
> providing start and end timestamp of each subtitle.
>
> Best,
> Shinjo

It will still be possible to directly edit the srt files for those who
prefer. If I'm not wrong, translators prefer to have only one place
(svn + po file + lokalize) than having to go on several repositories
to find which files needs to be translated.

Cheers,
Johnny

> 2023=EB=85=84 8=EC=9B=94 2=EC=9D=BC =EC=88=98=EC=9A=94=EC=9D=BC =EC=98=A4=
=ED=9B=84 5=EC=8B=9C 38=EB=B6=84 9=EC=B4=88 CEST=EC=97=90 Johnny Jazeix =EB=
=8B=98=EC=9D=B4 =EC=93=B4 =EA=B8=80: