List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Migrating Pology to Python 3
From:       Adrian Chaves <adrian () chaves ! io>
Date:       2022-10-04 10:49:19

Hey!

In the i18n BoF at Akademy we are discussing quickly migrating Pology to
Python 3, since Python 2 is end of life.

In 2020, I spent 1 day migrating Pology to Python 3. I created a single
test that covered 7% of its code base, got it working under Python 3,
and pushed the changes to the python3 branch:
https://invent.kde.org/sdk/pology/-/tree/python3

I have just merged the master branch into this branch, and the test
still passes.

So I would like every Pology user to test as soon as possible their
usual workflows with pology with the python3 branch, and report to me
any issue. I do expect there to be issues. So send me a command to
reproduce the issue you get, and I will fix it.

The plan is to switch the master branch from Python 2 to Python 3 rather
soon, as I do not expect to have spare time for Pology once Akademy is
over. So please, test the python3 branch as soon as possible, and send
your feedback.