List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Date formats: YYYY-MM-DD
From:       Freek de Kruijf <freekdekruijf () kde ! nl>
Date:       2020-08-11 17:15:00

Op dinsdag 11 augustus 2020 18:19:56 CEST schreef Koos Pol:
> Op 11-08-2020 om 18:14 schreef Freek de Kruijf:
> >> I couldn't find any reference how KDE deals with date formats
> >> (YYYY-MM-DD, etc). Can someone enlighten me how that works, and what I
> >> need to do to change the display format?
> >> Within the KDE Systems Settings panel I do have some very limited
> >> options on changing display aspects based on country. But that's about
> >> it. I need some more flexibility regarding displaying dates.
> >>
> >> It very much depends on what you specifically need to accomplish. Do you
> >> want to change the format in general or in a specific environment or
> >> application?
> >>
> >> Please be more specific.
>
> The KMyMoney devs have explained to me that displaying dates draws from
> KDE, and that whatever formatting is chosen from within KDE is used to
> dispay dates in KMyMoney.
> My problem is that I need YYYY-MM-DD formatting, while KDE only offers
> DD-MM-YY for the NL locale.
>
> Koos

In Systemsettings (Systeeminstellingen) under Personal Settings (Persoonlijke
instellingen) you find Regional Settings (Regionale instellingen). Click on
it. In the left column you find Formats (Formaten), click on it. Activate
Detailed Settings (Gedetaileerde instellingen). Behind Time: (Tijd:) you can
select another setting i.e. C which is Posix or something that fulfils your
needs.

These setting are for the specific user of that account. So maybe you need a
user for KMyMoney and another user for your other work if it conflicts.

--
vr.gr.

vertaler van KDE
Freek de Kruijf