List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Suggestions for having status of teams and better on boarding for new contributors
From:       Martin <martin.schlander () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-07-30 16:02:02

onsdag den 29. juli 2020 21.13.30 CEST skrev G Karunakar:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 2:40 PM Martin <martin.schlander@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Looked a bit at Hindi history in websvn. It does look thoroughly dead to
> > me. So probably no use in waiting any longer for a response from the
> > team.

> Also some 99% of work if counted from 3.x onwards, was done by 2
> persons, almost 85% of it by one person, rest by me. Then some recent
> contributions have been to a handful of components (Gcompris being
> main).
>
> In the same line most other Indian languages, which usually had 1-2
> ppl doing bulk of the work, and many have gone inactive now.

Didn't intend to insult anyone. I just looked at a few select core components,
and e.g. there wasn't a plasmashell.po translation at all. Which lead me to
that conclusion. A bit tricky to find the "real" commits between all the work
scripty and Luigi are doing.

Same situation in DA btw. For years it has been just me, and a few random
"hit-and-run" guys focusing on single apps. But 20 minutes here, 20 minutes
there, maybe 1 hour per week total, goes a long way imo, if it's done
consistently. Been busy the last few years with some night school, so I have
some catching up to do for DA myself :-)