List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Question about KDE website translation
From:       Carl Schwan <carl () carlschwan ! eu>
Date:       2020-06-13 12:05:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

Le samedi, juin 13, 2020 9:45 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org> a =C3=A9=
crit=C2=A0:

> El dissabte, 13 de juny de 2020, a les 7:40:00 CEST, I=C3=B1igo Salvador=
 Azurmendi va escriure:
> =

> > Hello,
> > My question is, can KDE website be translated?
> =

> No,kde.org is not translatable at the moment.
> =

> Not sure if Carl is working in anything regard that, it would definitely=
 be a nice thing.

I'm working on it (well mentoring a GSoC project that will enable it), the=
re was good
progress lately, so I hope it will be finished soon. Then this is finished=
 we will have
the possibility to translate kde.org completely.

> =

> > I have translated some Announcements before but don't know whether the=
 main page of the website can also be translated or not.
> > Another question is related to https://kde.org/applications/
> > Before the update of the website, descriptions of applications that we=
re already translated were displayed in the localized language.
> > Now I only see them in English. I value them being displayed in locali=
zed languages so that potential users can know about the wide range of KDE=
 applications in their own languages.
> > Is there any plan to make so?
> =

> Another thing for Carl as I think he is the one that rewrote that part o=
f the web.

Yeah, I rewrote this part recently making this part of the website indepen=
dent of the rest
and should allow being completely translatable. Until yesterday the deploy=
ment was broken,
but I fixed it with the help of sysadmins.

I think the extraction was enabled today, so let's hope it works :)

Cheers,
Carl

["publickey - carl@carlschwan.eu - 0x7F564CB5.asc" (application/pgp-keys)]