List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Making an nsis installer translatable
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2020-06-04 17:10:29

El dijous, 4 de juny de 2020, a les 12:10:58 CEST, Luigi Toscano va escriure:
> Boudewijn Rempt ha scritto:
> > Does anyone have any experience with this? We're trying to make Krita's \
> > nsis-based Windows installer translatable \
> > (https://invent.kde.org/graphics/krita/-/merge_requests/359), but it's not \
> > integrated with the way the kde translation system works, and we're not sure how \
> > to go about it.
>
> As long as we can convert the strings from/to gettext, it should be possible
> to integrate it.
>
> It seems someone already hit the problem:
>
> https://nsis.sourceforge.io/Creating_language_files_and_integrating_with_MUI

It seems to me that the "Another solution: Native PO File support" + using \
StaticMessages.sh should make it work.

Cheers,
  Albert

P.S: I have realized that StaticMessages.sh seems kind of undocumented, you can \
inspire yourself in kdeconnect-android's one  \
https://invent.kde.org/network/kdeconnect-android/-/blob/master/StaticMessages.sh \
hopefully it's not very hard to understand