List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: scripty temporarily disabled from this night (invent migration)
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2020-05-19 23:35:08

Luigi Toscano ha scritto:

> Some updates on the work:
>
> == done so far:
> - all data from the existing translations have been extracted and used to
> create a spreadsheet with the destination repository:
> https://share.kde.org/s/RTNwdcZWbreSeNw
>
> - the same data is/will be the source of some generator script which will be
> used to partially automate the move. I'm going to put everything here:
>
> https://invent.kde.org/ltoscano/i18n_flattening
>
> - in parallel, scripts/documentation_paths and
> scripts/populate_documentation.sh were fixed to use scripts/get_paths,
> removing some duplicated data (the repository and the branch information)
>
> == still missing
>
> - fix script/get_paths to use the new structure (which means get the data from
> repo-metadata and fixing a few functions inside);
> - apply the moving scripts and move the files (and block the access to SVN)
> - see what other changes are needed (hopefully the semantic of "module" is
> well isolated inside get_paths), test scripty starting from the smaller
> repositories, and fixe the issues which will pop up on the way.
>
> This should be done hopefully between tomorrow (Monday) and the day after
> (Tuesday). Sorry again for the inconvenience..

I'm a bit behind the schedule; sorry again. But things are moving!

What happened since last email?

- Harald Sitter kindly fixed projects.kde.org/api and it's now possible to
list all the unique IDs and search using them. That API will be used to change
scripty's functions according this plan:

https://invent.kde.org/ltoscano/i18n_flattening/-/blob/master/todo-get_paths.rst

- I started moving the files around and fixed the generation scripts
accordingly, so that the moves on the bigger branches will be easier (see below).

>> Please note that the access to SVN will be likely *disabled* when we start
>> moving files around, so don't panic!
>
> This hasn't happened yet because the files haven't been moved.
> While scripty is not running, you can still update your files. I will try to
> keep the freeze time as short as possible.

The repository should be now in read-only mode. Two branches have been
migrated already:
- branches/stable/l10n-kde4
- branches/stable/l10n-kf5-plasma-lts

Please check them, and please report anything suspicious.

Ciao
--
Luigi