List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: scripty temporarily disabled from this night (invent migration)
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2020-05-17 22:46:56

Luigi Toscano ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> the migration from phabricator to gitlab for git repositories is going to
> happen starting in less than 24 hours (Saturday May 16,  03:00 UTC / 05:00 CEST).
>
> For more details about the migration and its impact on the translation
> infrastructure, please read this thread:
> https://marc.info/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=158843034021644&w=2
>
> This means that scripty *won't* be executed this night, and it will stay
> disabled until both the invent migration completes and we finish to adapt
> scripty and the repositories to it

Some updates on the work:

== done so far:
- all data from the existing translations have been extracted and used to
create a spreadsheet with the destination repository:
https://share.kde.org/s/RTNwdcZWbreSeNw

- the same data is/will be the source of some generator script which will be
used to partially automate the move. I'm going to put everything here:

https://invent.kde.org/ltoscano/i18n_flattening

- in parallel, scripts/documentation_paths and
scripts/populate_documentation.sh were fixed to use scripts/get_paths,
removing some duplicated data (the repository and the branch information)

== still missing

- fix script/get_paths to use the new structure (which means get the data from
repo-metadata and fixing a few functions inside);
- apply the moving scripts and move the files (and block the access to SVN)
- see what other changes are needed (hopefully the semantic of "module" is
well isolated inside get_paths), test scripty starting from the smaller
repositories, and fixe the issues which will pop up on the way.

This should be done hopefully between tomorrow (Monday) and the day after
(Tuesday). Sorry again for the inconvenience..

> Please note that the access to SVN will be likely *disabled* when we start
> moving files around, so don't panic!

This hasn't happened yet because the files haven't been moved.
While scripty is not running, you can still update your files. I will try to
keep the freeze time as short as possible.

> Any relevant update will be communicated through the usual channels, including
> IRC/matrix (the #kde-i18n channel/room), if you really want to hear some live
> screaming from the conversion process :)

This has been the case and will still be the case.

Ciao
--
Luigi