List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Impact of the gitlab migration to the i18n translation layout
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2020-05-16 16:16:45

"Iñigo Salvador Azurmendi" ha scritto:
> Hi everyone,
>

> - When are you planing on making the change?

During this weekend, please see my other email:

https://marc.info/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=158953727809509&w=2

> Current directory structure is helpful, it gives context to translators and
> helps prioritise our efforts.
>

> If the current physical structure is going to be removed. Is it possible to
> create a list that displays files from the new «flat» SVN structure as
> belonging to the current categories, extragear-..., kdemultimedia,
> kdenetworks, ...

Please see my previous answer: there is no easy way to understand it and we
won't have it for now. I would like to find a solution, but it is not a
problem that we (translators) can solve.

The old categories don't exist anymore, so we can't rely on them. Apart from
Plasma and Frameworks, we (all KDE) don't have an easy way to find out how the
various repositories are grouped together for the release.

We need to have this information somewhere, otherwise we can't group.

> Something like a virtual view to show translatable files in the current
> categories rather than in the real one. So we can see the real structure from
> SVN and the virtual one with this «list».
>

> Would it be possible to make statistics in https://l10n.kde.org show that
> virtual view?
>

> I'm aware that this involves time and effort and I can't offer myself to make
> something like this right now. But I really think it would be very helpful to
> keep things clear to a wider audience.

See above. Unfortunately, not now. It is the next important item in the
priority list, but I can't commit to any deadline or date. Sorry.

--
Luigi