aspotashev added a comment. To clarify: I identified that we can't just migrate to Git and remove the scripty source code from SVN without changing `makemessages`. Migration can be done as follows: 1. Freeze SVN for changes 2. Make sure the Git repo is up to date, sync it from SVN if necessary. Use https://phabricator.kde.org/D25929 for repo conversion to Git. 3. Apply this patch to `makemessages` 4. Remove scripty code from SVN REPOSITORY R883 Subversion REVISION DETAIL https://phabricator.kde.org/D26076 To: aspotashev, #localization Cc: aacid, #localization, fbampaloukas, sdepiets, skadinna, huftis, pshinjo, aspotashev