List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: New Emojier translations
From:       Aleix Pol <aleixpol () kde ! org>
Date:       2020-01-07 16:09:14

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 8:26 PM Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano@tiscali.it> wrote:

> Yuri Chornoivan ha scritto:
> > Hi,
> >
> > There is a report in Russian mailing list that the translations for the new
> > emoji KCM [1] do not work. It is reported that the catalog name
> > (plasma_applet_org.kde.kimpanel.po [2]) does not work for KCM (aka Emojier).
> >
> > It was suggested to use i18nd() (tested to work) and found that the category
> > names are completely untranslatable.
> >
> > The way that I had handled the last two reports on plasma-desktop by the same
> > reporter arose some tension and I was asked to file bug reports or ask kde-
> > i18n-doc first. So please advice on what to do or fix the problem in a
> > conventional way.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Yuri
> >
> > [1] https://pointieststick.com/2019/12/08/this-week-in-kde-easy-emoji-input-and-more/
> >
> > [2] https://cgit.kde.org/plasma-desktop.git/tree/applets/kimpanel/backend/
> > ibus/emojier
>
> Redirecting to the plasma list. I remember some discussions about the forced
> name of the KCM catalogs; I think someone said that a solution was possible,
> but probably hasn't been implemented yet.
>
> --
> Luigi

The emojier thingie is an application, not a KCM. It should work just
like Discover or any other KDE component.

Category translation loading was indeed broken, I just fixed it with:
https://commits.kde.org/plasma-desktop/51f8849e4c17e451e40ece5b47e43337c572d1d5

You can see it's a slightly weird pattern we have there, but it seems
to work just fine.

I also saw the domain was broken while debugging, so that's sorted as well.

Thanks for the message and sorry for taking so long to reply!

Aleix

Aleix