List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [Kdei18n-pl-devel] The =?UTF-8?B?4oCeWmFuaWVjaGFq4oCdIHZzIOKAnkFudWx1auKAnQ==?= problem
From:       Łukasz Wojniłowicz <lukasz.wojnilowicz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-10-06 7:00:12

Dnia piątek, 27 września 2019 20:33:44 CEST Marcin Kocur pisze:
> so maybe I will start the same way and introduce myself: Marcin Kocur,
> KDE translator for about 4 years:
> (https://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/branches/stable/l10n-kf5/pl/docmessages/a
> pplications/konsole.po) As you can see from the link, I'm not active anymore
> and Łukasz might be right that he is mostly sole translating KDE for 8
> years. I don't know for sure because I don't have any statistics.

I found your name in 4 files: Dolphin, Konsole, kcm_colors, kcm_view. Thank you
for taking care of them for 4 years - I wasn't translator yet.

I cannot prove it by statistics but during that 8 years, I translated or
revised quality of almost every file on https://l10n.kde.org/
I took Polish translation level from somewhere around 70 % to almost 100 % in
trunk branch. It degraded latter on due to rapid www content growth, which
remains out of my scope.

> [...] I think we should promote better vocabulary than most of
> the commercial software (because we're actually better),[...]

Your sentence makes sense to me.

> Now to the form: Łukasz, I think you should at least take under
> consideration opposite voices and allow voting on this on our mailing
> list instead of making a one man decision as if you owned this project.

Online voting is not objective because one person could outweight his vote by
voting multiple times through vpn, proxy, dynamic ip, and so forth.
I think the decision here should be quality and not quantity based.