List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    T11721: Splitting of i18n strings
From:       Luigi Toscano <noreply () phabricator ! kde ! org>
Date:       2019-09-20 7:36:17

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

ltoscano added a comment.

  This is not off-topic, because the limit you are trying to enforce is not an \
absolute limit, as stated in the same code that you are quoting. It's not about "code \
style can just go to shit". If the QML does not allow to have this, well, either fix \
QML (at this point probably for Qt6), there in no much to do: an important feature \
like translations cannot be broken, as I pointed out on IRC, with my translator \
co-coordinator hat on.
  If a limit cannot be enforced, then let's write down an explicit additional rule in \
the coding style about QML explicitly accepting longer lines. This is something that \
is up to the Frameworks maintainers. Should that rule become part of the coding \
style, there wouldn't be any reason for discussion.
  And yes, this should go to the Community Working Group.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T11721

To: ltoscano
Cc: pino, ltoscano, aspotashev, kde-i18n-doc, romangg, LeGast00n, The-Feren-OS-Dev, \
jraleigh, fbampaloukas, GB_2, ragreen, domson, sdepiets, dkardarakos, ZrenBot, \
alexeymin, skadinna, himcesjf, huftis, pshinjo, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, \
jensreuterberg, abetts, sebas, apol, davidedmundson, mart, hein