List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: How long does it take for translations to be used after commiting them?
From:       Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2019-08-03 10:01:19

субота, 3 серпня 2019 р. 12:51:27 EEST Mthw Mthw написано:
> Greetings,
> Yesterday I updated my system to KDE applications 19.07.90 and I noticed
> that changes I made to the translations (in Trunk) a while ago weren't
> present in those apps. Will those changes be present in 19.08.0? Can I ask
> why, or how exactly does it work? Also if someone could send me a link to
> where this is explained I would appreciate it.

Hi,

There can be many reasons for that. You should be more specific to investigate
why Slovak (sk) translations are not used.

1. After rebranding and fracturing KDE we have at least 3 main independent
sources of the translations: Frameworks, Plasma and Applications. It may
happen that Applications and Plasma work on the old untranslated Frameworks.

2. Some packagers spare their time not packaging translations for betas.

3. It may happen that there is a bug in the application and we should fix it
asap to make it translatable for 19.08.

Thanks in advance for your answer and clarifications.

Best regards,
Yuri