List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kdesvn 2.1 branched - need translation branch
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2019-07-04 21:22:50

Christian Ehrlicher ha scritto:
> Am 03.07.2019 um 22:23 schrieb Luigi Toscano:
>> Hi! Just to be sure: do you plan to maintain that branch, i.e. to release
>> bugfix releases from that branch, or will new release happen from master?
> Depends on what's easier for you to handle - I don't plan to do a 2.1.x
> release when it is not needed.

It's really up to you. If you want to be able to let master diverge a lot from
2.1, and you still want to be able to release tiny bugfix-only updates for 2.1
should the necessity arise, then we will track it on the separate branch.

If you don't plan to release bugfix updates but new releases directly, then it
can work from master and you don't need a separate branch.

In the past, there haven't been bugfix release after 2.0.0 (or I can't see
them under https://download.kde.org/stable/kdesvn/), hence my question.

>> Also, have you updated the branches into sysadmin/repo-metadata.git ?
> No, since I don't use build.kde.org

The documentation is maybe not complete, but you should update that
regardless, because we use it as reference for the configuration of the
translation scripts.
For the same reason you should update kde-build-metadata.git (at least
logical-module-structure), which is also used by kdesrc-build.

Regarding build.kde.org (or whatever CI system will be the official one), it's
kind of required for all applications which passed the review phase (so
everything not in "playground" to have it configured. It's really useful to
spot issues - do you want to enable it just for *Linux systems, or do you want
to enable it also for FreeBSD, and maybe Windows? I can easily setup it.

Ciao
--
Luigi