List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Moving Pology into a Git repository
From:       Alexander Potashev <aspotashev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-06-15 11:47:37

сб, 15 июн. 2019 г. в 13:48, Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano@tiscali.it>:

> Nicolás Alvarez ha scritto:
> > El mié., 12 de jun. de 2019 a la(s) 19:11, Alexander Potashev
> > (aspotashev@gmail.com) escribió:

> >> Hi Nicolas,
> >>
> >> Any news on this migration to Git? Shall I create a KDE Sysadmin
> >> ticket on Phabricator?
> >
> > I totally forgot about this >_<
> >
> > So, I just did in 3 hours what you requested 3 months ago (shame on
> > me) and converted pology to git. I pushed it here (cgit/anongit didn't
> > pick it up yet, but cloning over ssh will definitely work):
> > https://cgit.kde.org/scratch/nalvarez/pology-converted.git
> >
> > You can create a sysadmin ticket to ask the repository to be moved to
> > its final location.
> >

> Should we think about a way for decoupling the language-specific rules which
> may not be generic enough to end up in the global repository, and move them to
> a separate repository, or is it fine as it is now?

I think this question is irrelevant to Git migration, let's move to
Git first and then discuss decoupling later.

There may be many ways of decoupling the rules:
 1. As a new repo pology-rules.git, packaged in sync with Pology releases.
 2. As one new Git repo per target project, in a modular fashion
(pology-rules-kde.git, pology-rules-wesnoth.git, may be also
pology-rules-common.git).
 3. Let language teams decide where to store the rules, release them
through store.kde.org to make the rules available immediately, without
waiting for Linux distributions.
... and so on.

--
Alexander Potashev