List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Use Pontoon for l10n
From:       Shinjo Park <kde () peremen ! name>
Date:       2019-03-31 16:26:17

2019년 3월 31일 일요일 오  5시 9분 2초 CEST에 Subin 님이 쓴 글:
> I would
> like to explore the possibility of fully migrating entirely to a new
> system. Also to reduce direct commits and instead through the online
> translation tool. Cause there is the possibility of conflicts when both
> are used together.

Another objection of *migration* to something web-based. I had some
experiences with Transifex, Pootle and Launchpad before, all of them were sub-
optimal for me than direct access to the repositories containing translations.
If the number of message catalogs are not large (let's say <50) then web
interfaces and APIs are somewhat managable. However, number of message
catalogs from KDE projects are thousands. HTTP(S)-based APIs are often slow
when handling those large number of catalogs, especially when it comes to
handling more than one simultaneously. I agree with the experiences of Karl
Ove regarding this.

I am very okay with any number of direct commits, as long as each commits are
meaningful. This also helps tracking bug reports related to l10n, to find out
when some wrong or offending translations had been added. Artificially reducing
number of commits is not so good idea from my side.

Due to my negative experiences with translation team management when the web-
based tools are used as primary method, I will not opt in to use any web-based
tool by myself and my team unless it is a must, but I won't object having such
system if some team needs this.