Yeah, will have to test out a local Pootle to see whether it works out. I'm following instructions from here (Malayalam language). I have contact with a person who has commit access. So will try that way.

> as people don't care about the existing translations and consistency

There is a review process in Pootle and Pontoon. So only the apt ones get into the repo at the end. The problem with Damned Lies is that the review process is also a bit difficult. A web tool like Pootle will also simplify that.

On 2019-02-24 10:10 p.m., Luigi Toscano wrote:
Subin ha scritto:
    For example, the thread which includes this message:
    https://marc.info/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=143561152919896&w=2

 > Ovidiu will do some testing to see if pootle or any other web based system can satisfy all the requirements we have. <https://community.kde.org/Akademy/2015/Monday/KDE_l10n_and_i18n>

Did that happen ? Was Pootle tested ? I'm planning to try Pootle for Malayalam language translation to see whether it works out.

I didn't hear about any update on that.

Do you think that a local instance of Pootle can be useful to see whether the changes on SVN are going to break it or anyway to mess up with the translations.
Remember also that the usual rules would apply: only people with commit access should be able to accept the translations.

    There are more steps to be accomplished before that, like: the rewriting
    of l10n.kde.org, or better its replacement with Damned Lies; the move to
    everyone to summit, which means make sure that summit is updated
    automatically by scripty; and so on.

Damned Lies would be an improvement. But a much more better improvement would be something like Pootle. Yes, l10n.kde.org needs a big improvement ! If the translation part is made easier, more people (who are not so technical) would be able to translate and be part of the contribution process.

Attracting more contributors is a good goal (especially if it does not go against the the quality, as I see many times on transfix, as people don't care about the existing translations and consistency). I'd focus more on fixing the other missing parts first, though. But that's what I would do.