List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    =?utf-8?B?QW50dy46IFByZSBzdHJpbmcgZnJlZXplIHJlbGVhc2UgZm9yIEdDb21wcmlz?=
From:       "=?utf-8?B?c2VsaW1zZWxpbS5jYXZ1c0BnbWFpbC5jb20=?=" <selimselim.cavus () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-11-19 23:30:21

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

Hallo
Anlamadim  ama olabilir.danke
Gesenadet mit mein HTC

----- Reply message -----
Von: "Johnny Jazeix" <jazeix@gmail.com>
An: "GCompris Devel" <gcompris-devel@kde.org>, "KDE i18n-doc" <kde-i18n-doc@kde.org>
Betreff: Pre string freeze release for GCompris
Datum: Mo., Nov. 19, 2018 19:10
Hi,

we plan to release a new version of GCompris by the end of the year \
(https://phabricator.kde.org/T9976 for the content).

* We would like to do a pre-string freeze period (until end of November): thanks to \
the translators (Horia, Jan, Yuri... to name some but everyone of course) we get \
several comments about improving the strings. Unfortunately, it happens once the \
string freeze is set so it's not the best as some translators already translated \
GCompris and moved on. So the aim to introduce a pre-string freeze period is to check \
and improve the strings. The software won't have new features/strings added but all \
the corrections/improvements are welcome.

* string freeze (until Dec 17th): we create a new stable branch once the pre-string \
period is done (and the errors fixed).

* release once it works fine.

Current apk link:

https://gcompris.net/download/qt/android/debug/GCompris-Android-debug-armeabi-v7a-dl-0.95-alpha.apk

Current linux standalone link:

https://gcompris.net/download/qt/linux/debug/gcompris-qt-0.95-alpha-Linux64.sh

(there is an issue with the sound not playing for piano activities, we are looking \
for a solution, as it's linked to the package only)

I'm not sure we communicate enough on the future plans we have so let's try to \
                improve it.
* actually, regarding the Gtk+ version, we miss only a few activities and the server.
** animation activity
** awele/oware activity
** drawing activity (current work in gsoc_asagtani_paint)
** electricity activity
** maze 3d activity
** chat activity
** braille lotto activity
** double entry activity
** place satellite activity

Among them, the most important ones to have are animation, drawing and electricity \
activities. The other ones can either be dropped or have a lower priority.

For the server, we started to put in place a few things (networkRishabh branch) but \
it's slowly moving and possible to be changed.

We will first move to the multiple dataset (multiple_dataset branch) which will allow \
to provide datasets with specific objectives for each activities (for example, for \
multiplication tables, having a dataset to learn multiplication of 2-3, another one \
for 4-5...). They will be integrated in the application directly, but we will be able \
to re-use this data structures to put the server in place and send custom datasets \
via the network.

Also, using these new datasets and setting objectives we will be able to generate a \
user manual from the source code directly and provide it to schools (userManual \
branch). For now, it's a python script which generates latex output (and thus pdf).

Timothée & Johnny