List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Mycroft plasmoid localization
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2018-11-18 17:58:01

El dissabte, 17 de novembre de 2018, a les 18:05:14 CET, Yuri Chornoivan va escriure:
> субота, 17 листопада 2018 р. 18:54:35 EET Albert Astals Cid \
> написано:
> > El dissabte, 17 de novembre de 2018, a les 17:25:34 CET, Yuri Chornoivan va
> escriure:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have tried to fix some evident bugs in the plasmoid localization but it
> > > seems that it was a miserable failure:
> > >
> > > https://phabricator.kde.org/R846:70ef9a2d0ce12ad70e03e3c35cc9fd19ad576567
> > >
> > > https://phabricator.kde.org/T10074
> > >
> > > That was my mistake to not ask for some advice first.
> > >
> > > IMHO, the whole plasma-mycroft is a localization bug, but I cannot be sure
> > > because it does not work for me.
> > >
> > > Does it work for you?
> >
> > Have you tried asking the developers first?
> >
> > Most developers didn't do it because "they forget", but once reminded are
> > quite happy to add translation support.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Albert
>
> Actually, it has the "translation support".
>
> https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/extragear-utils/
> plasma_applet_org.kde.plasma.mycroftplasmoid.pot?view=log
>
> However, I think it does not work or does not work as expected but cannot test
> it properly. Plasmoid just cannot be run on my desktop (complains about lack
> of WebKit). I had lurked through the code and fixed some place according to my
> understanding of how it should work, without real testing.

Touching runtime code like qml without real testing is never a great idea, you can \
break things easily.

I tried installing the mycroft plasmoid, and got stuck at mycroft wanting me to give \
it sudo power on running a very long bash script and me refusing to trust them.

So not going to do it anytime soon. Maybe at some point i get a VM to test it, but \
don't hold your breath.

Cheers,
  Albert