List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: POT file malformed [playground-libs/solidpower_qt.pot]
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2018-08-14 11:33:51

In data lunedì 13 agosto 2018 08:19:19 CEST, Yuri Chornoivan ha scritto:
> неділя, 12 серпня 2018 р. 17:12:42 EEST Karl Ove Hufthammer написано:
> > Karl Ove Hufthammer skreiv 12. aug. 2018 16:10:

> HAL is dead for at least two years. In the current state the library is
> somewhat useless. No translatable messages in this library. It is safe to
> delete Messages.sh.

Or probably move the library to unmaintained.

> > > Here's another one:
> > > https://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/kdes
> > > dk
> > > /kirigamigallery_qt.pot
>
> Strings in QML code are not marked for translation. It is sad thing for the
> component that is released without reviewing in the major KDE module.

I checked with Marco, he will add the calls to translation functions.
Basically this is uncovered a small fault in the usual process. This code was
originally an example in the kirigami repository (so part of Frameworks) which
was extracted and made a standalone. Coming from Frameworks, maybe no one
though about going for a review.
But no harm is done: the module is not released with KDE Applications 18.08,
it will be part of 18.12, there is time to fix it.

Ciao
--
Luigi