List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Missing graphs with older statistics
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2018-06-24 21:05:24

El divendres, 8 de juny de 2018, a les 21:05:29 CEST, Karl Ove Hufthammer va
escriure:
> Albert Astals Cid skreiv 08. juni 2018 20:36:
> >> But wouldn't it be possible to start *storing* the daily translation
> >> statistics now, so that in the *future* we can see statistics for longer
> >> time spans, e.g. for a custom time period?
> >
> > It could be doable, not sure how much more disk space it'd need, take into
> > account it's lots of po files and lots of teams so space requirements
> > grows
> > very fast.
>
> Since the statistics is only shown for each *folder*, wouldn't it
> basically be approx.
> 3 (numbers) × 8 (bytes/number?) × 65 (folders) × 109 (teams) × 365 (days)
> bytes, or about 60 MiB for a year's data (something of this magnitude,
> but of course possible a bit more or less, depending on how it's stored
> and lots of other little factors)?

But that is now how the current code works, it's using the sum of all the
files, i.e. it never stores the "simplified value".

So it would be possible to store less info, but then again it'd need
development manpower on something we kind of want to abandon.

Cheers,
  Albert