List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Missing graphs with older statistics
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2018-06-08 18:36:54

El divendres, 8 de juny de 2018, a les 7:29:52 CEST, Karl Ove Hufthammer va
escriure:
> Albert Astals Cid skreiv 07. juni 2018 23:48:
> >> https://l10n.kde.org/stats/translation-chart.php?mode=gui&rev=trunk-kf5
> >> shows last 10 days statistics which is ok but i would have liked to see
> >> a nice graph from the time i started translating to now to see the
> >> difference in the work i have done.
> >
> > As discussed over IRC it's not possible, those numbers don't exist (other
> > than going over svn versions and calculating them again).
>
> But wouldn't it be possible to start *storing* the daily translation
> statistics now, so that in the *future* we can see statistics for longer
> time spans, e.g. for a custom time period?

It could be doable, not sure how much more disk space it'd need, take into
account it's lots of po files and lots of teams so space requirements grows
very fast.

> The current statistics charts aren't really very informative, as they
> only show the last 13(?) days. They just don't show the overall picture
> of translation progress. And they show the *number* of translated
> entries, instead of the more relevant (for measuring translation
> completeness) *percentage* of translated entries.
>
> (Of course, *sometimes* you would want to see the number of translated
> (or fuzzy, or untranslated, or obsolete) entries too, not just the
> percentages. Or other statistics, e.g. all the statistics generated by
> ‘posieve stats -sdetail'.)

Also there's the fact of "we sooner than later want to kill the website" and
use GNOME Damned Lies since it seems there's actually people maintaining it.

From a quick look it seems GNOME Damned Lies doesn't have this historical
stats feature, do we really need that feature? Is it useful for anything else
other than gamification (which is very useful in itself).

Cheers,
  Albert