List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Possible bug in Kolourpaint
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2018-06-03 22:21:51

El divendres, 1 de juny de 2018, a les 23:00:24 CEST, Karl Ove Hufthammer va
escriure:
> Karl Ove Hufthammer skreiv 01. juni 2018 22:46:
> > So that's at least a list of ‘non-causes' of this bug. So I would
> > guess the problem might be related to the keyboard shortcut system for
> > pt_BR?
>
> I don't know if this is of any help, but it turns out that setting the
> LANGUAGE environment variable to (e.g.) "nn" but the LC_ALL variable to
> pt_BR triggers the bug too. I get the UI in Norwegian Nynorsk (which
> didn't trigger the bug) but the keyboard shortcut is now displayed with
> a trailing %.
>
> A bug in Qt? But it's not a bug in the pt_BR *translation* of Qt
> (because Qt doesn't *have* a pt_BR translation). And it's rather strange
> that the rather similar ‘pt' language does *not* trigger the bug.

Nah, if it's a bug it's a bug in gettext, i've added debug to ki18n and we ask
for translation of
"<Tool Name> (<Single Accel Key>)" "%1 (%2)"
and get
back, when clearly that's not what the .mo has.

I'll try to allocate some more time for this tomorrow (or someone else can
beat me to it and i'll be happy :))

Cheers,
  Albert