List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Renaming desktop_<module>_<program>.po file
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2018-04-12 22:13:52

Albert Astals Cid ha scritto:
> El dilluns, 20 de juny de 2016, a les 23:47:43 CEST, Luigi Toscano va
> escriure:
>> Burkhard Lück ha scritto:

>>> All catalogs in trunk kf5 with naming scheme "*desktop.po" but no desktop
>>> file:
>>>
>>> docmessages: kcontrol_desktop.po + plasma-desktop.po
>>>
>>> gui messages:
>>> kcm_kwindesktop.po, plasma_applet_org.kde.plasma.showdesktop.po,
>>> plasma_runner_plasma-desktop.po,  plasma_shell_org.kde.plasma.desktop.po

>>> What these catalogs (desktop, json, appdata, mimetypes) have in common is
>>> that they are generated by scripty for internal use only.
>>>
>>> We already have the suffix "_qt.po" to distinguish between Gettext and Qt
>>> translation system.
>>>
>>> Similar we could use a suffix like e.g. "_scripty.po" for the catalogs
>>> generated by scripty for internal usage.
>>>
>>> *_desktop_scripty.po
>>> *_json_scripty.po
>>> *_mimetypes_scripty.po
>>> *_appdata_scripty.po
>>> or a reverse naming scheme
>>
>> Using scripty as marker is a possible solution. I personally don't like too
>> much to use "scripty" explicitly but I wouldn't oppose the solution.
>> I'd like to propose to break the _<something>_scripty.po part with a dot
>> instead of a simply _, but it would be just for clarity.
>
> Anything that is unambiguous enough that it won't be part of a "regular"
> catalog is good enough

Resurrecting this 2-years old thread because I think that the only blocker to
the rename is now fixed.

Any final opinion about the pattern?

Burkhard's proposal was:
*_desktop_scripty.po
*_json_scripty.po
*_mimetypes_scripty.po
*_appdata_scripty.po

I suspect that a dot is needed before the first _:
file._desktop_scripty.po

As I mentioned, I'd prefer to remove scripty and use a pattern like
foo._<type>_.po or foo.__<type>__.po.

What do you think?

Ciao
--