List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Please track "master" as new "trunk-kf5" branch for RKWard
From:       Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier () ruhr-uni-bochum ! de>
Date:       2018-03-29 6:24:02

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 23:40:27 +0200
Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano@tiscali.it> wrote:
> Copied the translations:
> https://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1513085
>
> and switched the branch:
> https://commits.kde.org/sysadmin/repo-metadata/850125780984f8d078c33779703f6e478d8db27b

Thanks!

> On a related note, would you like to simplify some of the code? The
> i18n directory could probably go completely; if you add a call to
> ki18n_install(po) in the main CMakeLists.txt, when you create the
> tarball with releaseme the translations will be added automatically.

Thanks for the pointer. I'll look into this, again. However, the
complexity really comes from us doing some stuff a bit out of the
usual. Besides the "main" po, we als have run-time loadable
"plugins" (no binaries, XML and scripting). As additional such plugins
- and their translations - could also be downloaded from external
sources by the user, or contained I R packages, we always keep their
message catalogs near the plugins, instead of in a central system
location. No sure, if we can coerce ki18n_install() do do that for us.

Regards
Thomas