List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Does everyone still get svn access? - was - Re: Migrating project translations from github
From:       Ben Cooksley <bcooksley () kde ! org>
Date:       2018-01-07 23:23:06

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 12:09 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org> wrote:
> El diumenge, 7 de gener de 2018, a les 22:56:49 CET, Martin Kostoln=C3=BD=
 va
> escriure:
>> Could You please give me an advise how to do that properly? Do I have a
>> translators SVN access since I have the standard GIT dev access?
>
> I am actually not sure. In the past yes, everyone got git and svn access,=
 but
> i think to remember at some point the sysadmins said they would be limiti=
ng
> svn access to those that actually "needed it", so i'm CC'ing them so they=
 can
> clarify.

At the moment everyone continues to get access to both Git and Subversion.
We do still plan to restrict access to Subversion at some point - this
will probably happen around the time Phabricator takes over hosting of
Git repository hosting.

That itself is a while off though.

Even when we do restrict it, enabling access for someone should be a
case of assigning them a Subversion username and then they'll be good
to go.
This separation is the main reason for not granting by default going
forward - some people are hyper-attached to **their** specific
username (and the community said long ago it wants them based on
people's name)

> Cheers,
>   Albert

Cheers,