List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Russian team
From:       Alexander Potashev <aspotashev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-07-15 23:53:12

> In the end of 2016 I joined to Russian translation team and at the end of
> that month i sent the digiKam translation to the coordinator of the Russian
> team. The translation was partially merged in December and partially in
> January, but most of it was not merged.
> In February i sent the translations of the kde pim and I was never informed
> they was reviewed.
> Few times i mailed to the coordinator, but usually have no feedback.
>
> There is at least one more translator in the Russian team, who sent a
> translation of kdenlive more than 6 months ago. That translation  was also
> stuck with the Russian coordinator.
>
> I have the time and the desire to participate translation but i want to see
> the results of my efforts.
>
> Hope you can find a rational solution to solve the situation.

Hi Alexander,

I'm indeed doing a poor job as a coordinator, especially during the
last N months. Here is why:

1. I'm not willing to invest a large portion of my free time in translations.

Possible solutions:
 - find more reviewers (e.g. assume your translations are good enough,
even though I find some mistakes);
 - elect someone else as a coordinator.

2. Reviewing translations is not that rewarding when there is little
activity in our mailing list, because I'm a social person (in fact
anyone is, but I guess especially Russians and open-sourcers are).

Possible solutions:
 - being in touch more closely (because e-mails are not that
interactive) ---> see my private e-mail regarding this;
 - recruit more translators, at least for hype in the mailing list (as
soon as we have enough reviewers);
 - elect someone else as a coordinator.

--
Alexander Potashev