List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: gcompris new po file for voices recording status
From:       JAZEIX Johnny <jazeix () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-05-22 6:29:51

On 05/21/17 22:08, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El divendres, 19 de maig de 2017, a les 12:08:28 CEST, JAZEIX Johnny va
> escriure:
>> On 05/17/17 15:07, JAZEIX Johnny wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'd like to add a new po file to track the update of the voice intro
>>> files in GCompris.
>>>
>>> For each activities, we propose to the child an audio message
>>> explaining what is expected on the activity (for example, for memory
>>> games, "click on a card and find its double.").
>>>
>>> It would be helpful to have a po file to follow the changes for each
>>> locale (if no voice, we don't really want the translation as the text
>>> is not displayed in the activity), know which voices are available and
>>> which ones need to be updated.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to add it?
>>>
>>> Basically, on GCompris Messages.sh, to create the new pot file, we
>>> need to add:
>>>
>>> grep -R "intro: " --include="ActivityInfo.qml" | awk -F'[:/]' '{print
>>> "//i18n: intro voices, see GCompris-voices/README.md - activity:
>>> \""$2"\"\ni18n("$7");"}' | $XGETTEXT - -o $podir/gcompris_voices.pot
>>>
>>> As it wasn't tracked before, there is no existing translation for now.
>>>
>>> Johnny
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just did the commit to add it:
>> https://cgit.kde.org/gcompris.git/commit/?id=542f2343184c1256b1afe66f2a43e06
>> 3522e2faa
>>
>> Do I need to do something more?
> Does the .pot contain what you would expect it to?
> If it does, then no, you're good :)
>
> Cheers,
>    Albert
Hi,

the pot file is good and I can see the status in
https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/po/gcompris_voices.po/

For translators: this file is a bit different than other po files, we
don't use it to translate any visible text to the user. We would like to
keep it in sync with the voice files in
https://github.com/gcompris/GCompris-voices to know if a voice is good
or not for an activity.

Thanks,