List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: FOSDEM feedback on KDE i18n
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2017-02-08 20:22:06

Safa Alfulaij ha scritto:
> If we were to use a web-based translation system, I'd say we go with Dammed
> Lies that GNOME uses, or build something similar to it. It makes organizing
> translations much more easier. Gettext tools will merge the uploaded files
> with the latest POT version, and update it when the templates are updated.
> There are several roles in each team, As well as an action history for each
> file, with actions: "Reserve for translation"/translated/"Reserve for
> reviewing"/reviewed/submitted plus commenting on files uploaded (like
> something the translator wants to discuss, or a suggestion/fixes from a reviewer).
> This system is like email+svn, but more user-friendly for beginners and takes
> less effort on coordinators.

Damned Lies is not a web-based translation system, it's a replacement of our
website with the reservation of translations.

But I agree with you, regardless of the translation system (which is an
orthogonal topic) I think that Damned Lies is the future for l10n.kde.org . I
tried it some time ago but I stopped when the setup required some changes to
the code to accommodate to our SVN server paths, different from the
configuration previously used by Gnome. And then, no time.

Ciao
--
Luigi