Am 2017-01-24 00:27, schrieb Albert Astals Cid: > El divendres, 20 de gener de 2017, a les 7:47:32 CET, Martin Gräßlin va > escriure: >> Hi localization team, > > Hi > >> I'm wondering how we can translate the keyboard layout names. >> >> to explain on Wayland we get the keyboard layout as an untranslated >> string from xkbcommon. >> >> E.g. in the case of layout "de" we get "German", in the case of "us" >> we >> get "English (us)". >> All layout names are English, which I find suboptimal. I would prefer >> to >> have them localized. >> E.g. it should say "Deutsch" for the "de" locale. >> >> My understanding is that xkbcommon gets the layout names also from >> another data source: >> the evdev.xml file installed on all systems. >> >> Can we somehow process this and generate translations? > > We could, but we don't need to. > > evdev.xml is part of xkeyboard-config > > xkeyboard-config installs a translation named xkeyboard-config that > contains > the translations of those files. > > So you just need to call > i18nd("xkeyboard-config", myVariable) > and it should work. > > Tell me if it does not. Yes, thank you. I also figured that out by now. The main problem was that my distribution split the translations into a different package so it looked to me like xkeyboard-config does not have any translations. I only figured out by looking at the source code of xkeyboard-config that there are translations. Works like expected now! Cheers Martin