List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: LTS and translation and branch
From:       Karl Ove Hufthammer <karl () huftis ! org>
Date:       2016-10-30 15:10:40

Albert Astals Cid skreiv 26. okt. 2016 00:37:
>   B) We put the plasma 5.8 translations in a different branch where the
> releases pick them up, but we do not make this part of the daily "update .po
> file" process scripty runs
>
>   C) We put the plasma 5.8 translations in a different branch where the
> releases pick them up*and*  we make this part of the daily "update .po file"
> process scripty runs
>

> The "most ideal" solution is probably C, but I am not sure the machine doing
> all the scripty runs has enough CPU power to go over another branch every day,
> so we may have to end up with B)

Would it be possible to let scripty process the files from this branch
less regularly, e.g. once a week or even once a month?

> In any case, even if we do C I don't see myself adding that branch to the
> webpage statistics.

That wouldn't be a big problem. Each team can easily run ‘posieve stats'
on the branch to see updated statistics. With the ‘-sbydir' and
‘-smsgbar' options (or, perhaps preferably, ‘-swbar' instead of
‘-smsgbar'), the output looks very similar to the output on the
statistics Web page. It even uses colour coding for
complete/fuzzy/untranslated messages.

For people using the summit workflow, the following command can be used.

   posieve stats -sbydir -smsgbar -stemplates:xx:templates -sbranch:lts
xx/summit/messages/

Here ‘xx' is the language code for the translation and ‘lts' is the name
of the branch. The ‘-stemplates' option is used to also count strings
that only exists in the .pot templates (i.e., that doesn't have a
corresponding .po file). There are also other useful options for
‘posieve stats'. For example, the ‘-sabsolute' scales the length of the
bars with the total number of messages in the given module/directory.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer