List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Notes from the translation BoF  at Akademy 2016
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2016-09-05 14:38:57

In data lunedì 5 settembre 2016 16:12:04 CEST, Burkhard Lück ha scritto:
> Am Montag, 5. September 2016, 15:27:54 CEST schrieb Luigi Toscano:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > you can find some notes (thanks Albert for writing them!) from the
> > translation BoF we had few hours ago here at the Akademy. We were not so
> > many at the translation BoF (and we touched this topic too).
>
> Thanks for sharing
>
> > Comments/suggestions welcome.
>
> <quote>
> Think if we can kill process_orphans file/script
>     Albert thinks only the Norweigan team use it
> </quote>
>
> This is about scripts/process_orphans.sh and *.txt?
> We use this nearly daily to manage translations when catalogs are renamed/
> moved/splitted/merged etc...
> So why kill it and what to use instead?

Right, we use it to perform operations (move/copy translations) but then we
use the script on a set of rules which changes every time.
After the operation is performed, what is its usage? Historical data?

More than killing it's more trying to understand for what is used, so that, if
we find a way to improve the copy/move operations, would we need to keep it?

Ciao
--
Luigi